Monday 12 December 2011

RACING POST MONDAY DECEMBER 12th 2011 A FABULIOUS PIC OF RUBI LIGHT IN POWER PACKED ACTION ON HIS WAY TO WIN THE DURKAN CHASE AT PUNCHESTOWN YESTERDAY PRICEWISE SELECTION 5-2jf

RACING POST MONDAY DECEMBER 12th 2011
RACING POST WEEK MONDAY 12th TO SUNDAY DECEMBER 18th 2011

GET THE RACING POST TODAY TO SEE ALL THE GREAT PHOTOGRAPHS AND READ ALL ABOUT THIS FANTASTIC HORSE

 RUBI LIGHT

PLUS  ALL THE PEOPLE IN HIS LIFE WHO HELP HIM EACH DAY TO ACHIEVE GREATNESS
ESPECIALLY HANDLER PRESENTER MEGAN BRENNAN







GRAB A GRAD FOR CHRISTMAS DAVID ASHFORTH TAKES US ON HIS JOURNEY TO GRAB A GRAND FOR CHRISTMAS ......


BRING IT ON!

DAVID ASHFORTH is prepared to go to the end of the world - and to -Wolverhampton as he gears up for his great annual charity quest. Jockeys beware: David will be looking to button-hole you in his search for knowledge this week.
 
"HERE we go again, dragged out of my slippers, my mug of Horlicks snatched away, for another nervous attempt to win a grand for charity. Your chance to mock, my chance to cry.
"Tempted by Victor Chandler's generous offer to underwrite the venture, which is rather like
someone backing Napoleon at  Waterloo, I'll be testing the theory that it's possible to grapple with a seller at Wolverhampton and 0-95 novice handicap chase at Folkestone and come out alive.

"I think the idea is that I stop once I've lost £5,000. Not that I will. History, amazingly, is on my side. Six of the last nine Grab a Grand weeks have been winning ones, resulting in a total profit (yes profit) of almost £6,000. Unfortunately, that's the past, this is the present and future. To succeed, I'm prepared to go to the end of the world - Wolverhampton. Have you seen the card?
"I'm particularly looking forward to Towcester on Thursday and Uttoxeter on Friday because I like them and tend to do well there (Or think I do)

"Somewhere along the way there'll probably be a large if rather feeble place-only bet in a maiden race and somewhere else, a hope-springs-eternal Placepot. I expect there'll also be a lot of bets that I know I shouldn't have but still do because none of us are perfect and some of us will never learn.
"As ever, I'll be relying on the form book, even though a lifetime's experience suggests that I might as well pay close attention to Enid Blyton's Noddy  Goes To Toyland.

"If things go well (you never know) the beneficiaries will  be the planned Jack Berry House, which will be like Oaksey House in Lambourn but further north, and The Prostate Cancer Charity, which Chandler has kindly said he'd like to support.
"All I've got to do now ios win. Anybody know one? Please?



No comments:

Post a Comment