Friday 12 August 2011

THE RACING POST WEEK MONDAY AUGUST 8th TO SUNDAY AUGUST 14th 2011

THE RACING POST FRIDAY AUGUST 12th 2011
JAMES BURN “DAWN 5-4 favourite for International.
"AWAIT THE DAWN, (4 year old colt) Ballydoyle’s fast- improving favourite for the Breeders Cup Classic, was yesterday installed market leader for next Wednesday’s Juddmonte International Stakes at York, his likely stepping stone to Churchill Downs in November. Aiden O’Brien’s Hardwick Stakes winner, among ten possibles for the highlight on the opening day of the four-day Ebor festival, is even money with Ladbrokes but can be backed  at 5-4 with William Hill.

MIDDAY, who completed a hat- trick of Nassau Stakes wins at Goodwood last month, is next best at 5-2 with Hills, who do not quote O’Brien’s MISTY FOR ME or duel Oaks winner SNOW FAIRY.”


STEVE DENNIS INTERVIEW PAUL HANAGAN
PAUL HANAGAN “The way I was going I thought I wouldn’t last another month”
“The smile’s back as jaded champ learns to stop and smell the roses.
“Steve Dennis talks to a man with the determination to retain the jockeys’ title- but
not at any price ….
“It’s that man again. And again. And again. PAUL HANAGAN rode three winners at Thirsk on Monday evening, three more notches on the belt, three more rungs on the ladder that leads to the top, to the jockeys’ championship he won so memorably , so dramatically on the final day of last season.

“I took a step back a month ago because I wasn’t really enjoying it, I was flat out, “ says HANAGAN “I had a chat with my agent Richard Hale and with my friends and decided to go steady a bit.

“ It’s about getting my priorities right, and I wasn’t very happy, and I knew I was looking at things in the wrong way because there are a lot of lads in the weighing room who would love to be in my position, so I didn’t want to start wandering around with a long face. It was just getting too much, and the way I was going I thought I wouldn’t last another month, let alone until the end of the season. I feel great now, I’m happy, I’m enjoying it again.”
 “If at the end of the season, it is that man again, It’ll be on his own terms, and all the sweeter for that.”



CYRUS DALLAMI
“THE HOTTEST MAIDEN IN TOWN on this day last year the world’s best two year old colt made his debut in a maiden at Newmarket, beating another brilliant Group 1 this season by half a length. Is there another FRANKEL about to explode on the scene?

PLUS “Are conditions weighted too much in favour of three-year-olds when they clash with their elders? Special report ….

IN TOMORROW’S RACING POST
RICHARD HUGHES find out how the leading jockey fancies his chances of success this weekend and at York next week
 
TOM SEGAL Pricewise had 12-1 and 6-1 winners last weekendfind out his latest horses to back.
 
TONY MORRIS “The legendary writer recalls PAWNEESE in his Giants Of The Turf series.”
 
STEVE DENNIS “More wry observations from our unmissable Saturday columnist.
SEA PIGEON “Our York Heroes Series continues with one of the most popular horses to grace the Knavesmire .”
TODAY’S RACECARDS Newbury, Nottingham, Newcastle, Newmarket, Kempton, Catterick, Tranmore and Deauville.


RACING POST – BE IN THE KNOW

No comments:

Post a Comment