Wednesday 18 September 2013

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 18th RACING POST 2013. GRAHAM GREEN REPORTS: "TOOMEY: HOW I CHEATED DEATH. THEY RANG MY PARENTS AND TOLD THEM TO GET OVER STRAIGHT AWAY.- IT WASN'T LOOKING GOOD.'

 
 

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 18th RACING POST 2013
WEEK MONDAY SEPTEMBER16th TO SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd
http://www.turfcall.co.uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wck32/episodes/player


REVIEW YESTERDAY'S RESULTS

PREVIEW TODAY'S CARDS

BIG RACES COMING UP
 
 
 
PRICEWISE ON THE KERRY NATIONAL
Tom Segel reveals his fancy for one of Ireland's biggest betting races.
5:10 Guinness Kerry National Handicap Chase (Grade A) 3m Card Betting
You can learn a lot reading PRICEWISE every day in the Racing Post
Be careful though not to hand  over all your hard earned cash to bookmakers.
A tricky race this from the Equus perspective make no mistake  about that .
 
 
"JOCKEY Brian Toomey showed he had not lost his sense of humour yesterday when, speaking publicly for the first time since suffering serious head injuries in a fall at Perth in July, he revealed doctors did not expect him to live writes Graham Green.
 
"Family and friends feared the worst, but the 24-year-old survived and is now on the road to recovery.
 
"Acknowledging the support he has achieved Toomey said: " I really want to let everyone know I'm coming along well, and to say thanks a million to all the people who have wished me well.

 

"Kevin Ryan and his wife Jill have just been amazing, Brian Hughes has been in to see me  almost every day and so many owners, trainers and jockeys have been in or sent messages - it has been phenomenal.
 
"You can't imagine how much better you feel knowing so many people are behind you, and I just want everybody to know how much I appreciate it.
 
"Despite undergoing brain surgery and spending two weeks in an induced coma, Toomey is looking forward to a complete recovery and was anxious to put his ordeal in perspective.
 
I thought I was bad but JT McNamara, who is related to me and lives five minutes from my home in Ireland, is paralysed [after his fall at the Cheltenham Festival], and that's really sad. It's frustrating still being in hospital and hopefully I can get out soon. They've said I don't need  physiotherapy, and the metal plate for the side of my head has been ordered. The operation will be some time in the next month. "
 



No comments:

Post a Comment