Monday 21 January 2013

MONDAY JANUARY 21st RACING POST 2013. EQUUS ZONE PETER SCARGILL DAN SKELTON TO PART WITH NICHOLLS AND GO IT ALONE

 
 
RACING POST MONDAY JANUARY 21st 2013
WEEK MONDAY JANUARY 21st to SUNDAY JANUARY 27th 2013
 
PREVIEW TODAY'S CARDS
http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd


NEWS RPSunday 20.01.2013
 




Dettori tells housemates reasons for Godolphin split.
"FRANKIE DETTORI has revealed it was advice from his wife Catherine that helped lead to the decision to give up his long-standing position with Godolphin last year, writes David Carr.
 
"She suggested the three-time champion Flat- race jockey, who is serving a six-month drugs ban, look for a new challenge in the final part of his career, rather than continue in a role he had held since 1994.
 
"Speaking to American couple Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt in the kitchen of the Celebrity Big Brother house, Dettori said: "I gave up my job because my wife said, 'you are unhappy, you are going to get even more miserable, retire miserable ... because you think you have been cheated of your career. You've got five years left, the best years of your life. Do you want to take the money or do you want to express yourself?" I had to do it and now I've done it.
 
"I'm only 42 but I've been through life as a roller-coaster. There are a lot of big decisions you have to make in life."
 
"Dettori survived Friday night's eviction vote, in which former EastEnders star Gillian Taylforth left the house.
 
"He is a best- priced 22-1 shot with bet365 to win the series, which concludes on Friday. X Factor performer Rylan Clark is odds-on favourite, while Steps popstar Claire Richards, is the outsider at 55-1.The action continues on Channel 5 at 9pm on Sunday January 20th."
 
   
"He's been exactly like he is like in real life. With two weeks down and one to go - if he makes it to the final on Friday - we canvassed jockeys and trainers to ask how they thought Frankie Dettori was faring in the Celebrity Big Brother house. It was a thumbs-up from those in the know, but not everyone in the racing community seems totally gripped by the reality television show ...."
 
Peter Chapple-Hyam , trainer "I watched the first episode and I was thankful he was the first one to go in so I could turn it off! I've watched it now and again, though, and he's doing well. He's being Frankie - he is what he is, he is a nice guy. The longer he stays in, the longer he'll have to get his personality across and to do a lot of good for racing."
 
Martin Dwyer, jockey "I haven't been watching it but there was plenty of chat in the weighing room when we saw the pictures of him dressed up as a woman. He'll get a good welcome when he's back riding again."


Luke Morris, jockey "He's doing really well and I think its good for the sport' I'm enjoying watching it and I know the same goes for quite a few lads in the weighing room. I think Rylan (Clark) is a strong favourite, but I think Frankie's got a  good chance of being one of the last one's left."
 

Racheal Kneller jockey "I'm glued to it! I thought it was hilarious when Frankie dressed up as a dictator and I'm glad that happened because he hasn't been a part of the  drama that's gone on. As the dictator, he's come back into it more and reminded people he's still there. I think everybody really likes him."
 
Rab Havlin, jockey  "I think Frankie's doing well. He's been exactly what he's like in real life; he hasn't slagged anybody off. He's not one for arguing and that's how he's come across on the show. He doesn't really like confrontation and I can see he's been taking a back seat for the last few days. That might just be him getting bored and I'd say he probably wants out now."

John Gosden, trainer "I wouldn't waste my time on such nonsense. When John McCririck  was on it a few years ago I saw him in his underpants and that put me off Big Brother for life."


 

 
 
EQUUS ZONE meet up with PUNTERS ZONE
 
RACING POST

RACEMEETING'S FROM AROUND THE WORLD
 
RESULTS: 
 
 
CHUKYO (JPN)
 
 
GAVEA (BRZ)
 Full result
 
 
MONTIERRICO (PER)
 Full result
 
 
NAKAYAMA (JPN)
SHA TIN (HK)
 
 
SAM HOUSTON (USA)
Full result 





No comments:

Post a Comment